Mobile app issues and what to do
Learn how to solved some of the potential problems with the app.
This error might appear when Host URL has change. This might happen when SSL has been connected or disconnected and when a domain url via which you access the software has been change. In effect the Driver app connection fails. Here is what to do:
- In your device (your phone) navigate to Settings -> Apps
- On list of apps find “ETO Driver” app and click on it
- Iin the ETO Driver app settings navigate to Storage and click Clear cache
You can find more information about how to clear the app cache here.
If you follow the instruction but the error persist, uninstall the app, restart the device and install the app again.
- Go to your device (your phone)
- In driver app click Log out
- In login window, press a two arrow icon in the top right corner – this will take you to Accounts screen
- In the accounts screen press “X” icon in the top left corner, this will enable account removal mode
- Remove all accounts by clicking “X” icon displayed next to each account name
- Once the account has been successfully removed you can setup new account using new “HOST URL”. The Host URL can be found in EasyTaxiOffice Software in Settings -> Mobile Apps tab.
For the driver to appear on the map in dispatch, driver needs to:
- Install the driver app
- Login with details provided by the admin
- Press Start button – this option switch on the tracking functionality
- Ensure mobile GPS tracking functionality is on
Sometimes the Host URL might change while your are still logged in (for example you activate SSL certificate in your website and the URL now starts with https://), so in this case you need to logout and login again using correct Host URL
Driver need to ensure Host URL, Email and Password are correct.
Admin should provide correct Host URL which can be found in Admin -> Settings -> Mobile Apps section. Each symbols matters, including last slash symbol ” / “, otherwise connection will not be possible.
When this message is display, please ensure battery saving mode is disabled as it might cause connection problems with the server.
In case the SSL certificate is installed on your server, please make sure it is installed correctly and it is not returning a warning message saying that the connection is insecure.
This is cause by driver phone being set to battery saving mode which deactivates GPS feature which is required to obtain driver’s current location.
The system saves last received driver location, so if your driver battery goes into saving mode it will display last available location but from that point doesn’t receive information thus showing driver not moving on map.
When this error message occur it means that the software installation (HOST URL) has changed recently, but it has not been updated in driver app settings. To fix this issue the driver needs to remove old settings from his mobile app (see the steps below) and establish new connection with the software by following instructions available in “Download App” tab in his account.
1. Clear app and offload data for Driver app, this online guide explains how to do it.
2. Remove the app and reinstall it.
3. Add new account and try again. Driver might need to swipe left to add a new account.
If you see this error message “You must have a driver account to use this mobile app!” when login to driver app that means you are using wrong account type. The driver app was designed with driver in mind so only driver type accounts can use it. Admin can access his account by using internet browser e.g. Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari etc. To create new or manage existing driver accounts go to Users -> Drivers tab.
Didn’t help? Contact Support.