Mobile app issues and what to do
Learn how to solved some of the potential problems with the app.
Potential issue: Driver install and login to app but not visible on the map
For the driver to appear on the map in dispatch, driver needs to:
- Install the driver up
- Login with details provided by the admin
- Press Start button – this option switch on the tracking functionality
- Ensure mobile GPS tracking functionality is on
Sometimes the Host URL might change while your are still logged in (for example you activate SSL certificate in your website and the URL now starts with https://), so in this case you need to logout and login again using correct Host URL
Potential issue: Network request failed error message
If you see Network request failed error message, please ensure Host URL, Email and Password you enter in login form are correct. Also please check Potential issue: Driver install and login to app but not visible on the map section.
Potential issue: Can’t login to the app
Driver need to ensure Host URL, Email and Password are correct.
Admin should provide correct Host URL which can be found in Admin -> Settings -> Mobile Apps section. Each symbols matters, including last slash symbol ” / “, otherwise connection will not be possible.
Potential issue: Network Error message display on the device
For driver to be visible on the map in the dispatch screen, driver has to activate “Start” button in the app otherwise no location coordinates (GPS) will be shared with the system.
Potential issue: Driver is logged in the driver app but not visible on the map in the dispatch screen?
When this message is display, please ensure battery saving mode is disabled as it might cause connection problems with the server.
In case the SSL certificate is installed on your server, please make sure it is installed correctly and it is not returning a warning message saying that the connection is insecure.
Potential issue: Driver is visible on map but not moving?
This is cause by driver phone being set to battery saving mode which deactivates GPS feature which is required to obtain driver’s current location.
The system saves last received driver location, so if your driver battery goes into saving mode it will display last available location but from that point doesn’t receive information thus showing driver not moving on map.
Didn’t help? Here is what to do next
If whatever you have done doesn’t help, you need a professional to take care of it. You can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the issue.
Please provide us with the following information which will help us to find the issue quicker.
- Do you have a problem with Passenger or Driver app?
- Which version of the app is currently installed on your device?
- What is the model and operating system of the device that you have a problem with?
- Do you see any other error messages? If so how often do you see them, all the time or sometimes?
- Did you try to reinstall the app? What happens then?
- Please send a screenshot or a video showing the problem/error.
- What are the account details that you are trying to connect to?