Don’t receive any emails from ETO application?
Here is what to do:
- Check if “Company email” is correct. Go to Setting -> General -> Company email.
- Check if:
Older version: Check which “Driver” should be used for emails to function correctly. There are two types: PHP Mail and SMTP. Go to Setting -> Integration -> Mail Settings.
New version: Check which “Connection type” should be used for emails to function correctly. There are two types: PHP Mail or SMTP. Go to Setting -> General -> click Settings next to Company email.
– PHP Mail: This type requires email address to be created based on domain address which has been used for the software, e.g. if your software is set on domain www.yourdomain.com/eto/admin this means your email address should end e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the software is set under a subdomain e.g. booking.yourdomain.com/eto/admin and you are using different email address than based on your subdomain then your server spam filter might block all outgoing email due to security reasons. In this case you should use SMTP connection type instead.
– SMTP: This type is more flexible as allows any email to be use but make sure following details are provided: Host, Port, Username, Password, Encryption type. This details can be found in account of your hosting / server. If you don’t know where to find it, please contact your hosting / server provider and ask for it.
- Check if “Settings -> Notifications -> Email testing” option is deactivated (the field should be empty).
- Check if email address and mailbox exist and your server/firewall is not blocking sending emails. You can do that by login into your hosting / server account or contact your hosting / server provider.
- If emails go to Spam or Junk Folder, set them as “not Spam”.
– It happens when your email address is new. Nothing to worry about, just set it to “not Spam”.
– It happens when your email address or server IP reputation been set as Spam due to wrong use of your email in the past. If that is the case, it can be improved but it also require a number of testing and bit of work. To start, first contact your hosting / server provider and asked them what to do.
- If you have a problem with delivering emails to Hotmail mail servers.
– Please check if you are able to receive the emails to other email addresses/mailboxes if so then it means that the system is functioning correctly, messages are being sent out.
– Hotmail servers were hacked many times in the past and now they are very strict about all incoming emails. Your server has to comply with their rules otherwise emails can land in spam or not be delivered at all.
– If that is the case, it can be improved but it also require a number of testing and bit of work. To start, first contact your hosting / server provider and asked them what to do.
We have implemented in the software all possible optimisations to make sure all emails that are sent out from the system are well formatted, readable for mail services and user friendly.
The are many factors that mail delivery depends on e.g. your server reputation, spam filters, DKIM and SPF modules correctly configured etc.
Didn’t help? Here is what to do next:
If whatever you have done doesn’t help, you need a professional to take care of it. You can contact us by email email@example.com and describe the issue. Please remember that this is not part of free support as it is external issue and you will be charge for it. Please read below Terms and Conditions
In order to let us fix this issue please:
- Provide access to ETO application dashboard.
- Inform us of any modification anyone from your team has made to system source code.
- Inform us if you had any problems with same email address outside of ETO application.
- If you having problem only with specific email which are not coming though, please let us know which one.
Terms & conditions
Our free support covers only issues that have not being caught by our testing. Any issues caused by external forces can be solved by our team but are not included within FREE support and you will be charge at rate of £30 per hour and requested to make the payment within 3 working days.
Possible external forces issues:
Email box not working properly, emails going to spam, emails IP blocked or score is very low resulting in emails going to spam, staff errors or code damage, hacking, server failures, being blocked by spam systems, issues with browser or device.
Please also remember that in many instances we are not able to notified you of additional costs upfront as often to figure out where problem is we need to spend time to investigate and run tests, so by asking our help you agree that you will be charge for time our team work on the issue.
Our aim is to deal with most of the issues within 2 working days, but if you would like to have a faster support and a peace of mind your company has right support it needs, please check our 24/7 Support for details.