This article will explain how to setup company email address in a correct way.
Step 1: Enter Company email in Settings -> General -> Company email. This email will be use for all outgoing email notifications send from the software.
Step 2: Setup Connection Type in Setting -> Integration -> Mail settings -> Connection Type.
Sendmail: This setup will work best if your software and email address use the same domain name as it will increase mail delivery e.g. Software sub-domain is booking.yourdomain.com/eto/admin, your email address have to end with e.g. @yourdomain.com.
Sendmail path should be only use if you understand what it is for, if not just leave it empty as software will automatically find this setting.
SMTP: This setup is more flexible and can be use when your email address is different e.g. @gmail.com from your software sub-domain is e.g. booking.taxi.com/eto/admin. This connection type require a setup of following details: Host, Port (25, 465, 587), Username, Password, Security (Encryption type). This details can be found in your hosting / server / mailbox account. If you don’t know where to find it, please contact your hosting / server provider and ask for it.
Note: To make sure booking confirmation email gets delivered you also need to enter the same email address you have used for SMTP integration in Settings -> General -> Company email field.
Here is an example of SMTP settings.
PHP Mail (available only for versions lower than 3.17.0): This setup will work best if your software and email address use the same domain name as it will increase mail delivery. Software sub-domain is e.g. booking.yourdomain.com/eto/admin, your email address have to end with e.g. @yourdomain.com.
Note: From version 3.17.0, we are no longer support PHP Mail. Reason for it is release of Sendmail which is better solution for email setup. We advise for all our clients to update your software to latest version to minimise risk of email delivery failure.
Note: Please make sure all changes have been save before going to next step.
Step 3: Ensure Email testing option is deactivated in Settings -> Notifications -> Email testing (the field should be empty).
Step 4: Ensure if email address and mailbox exist and your server/firewall is not blocking sending emails. You can do that by login into your hosting / server account or contact your hosting / server provider.
Step 5: Ensure that the booking system can send emails, you can do so by clicking “Send a test email” link available below mail settings. In the box enter your email address and press “Send a test email” button and wait for confirmation message. If mail settings are setup correctly your should see a message that email has been successfully sent to your mailbox otherwise you will see an error message if so please comeback to step 2 and make sure all settings are valid and saved before running another test.
Note: Please note that software doesn’t influence if your email come to Spam or not. All emails send out from the system are user friendly, well formatted and readable for mail services.
If you made a connection as required and email still go to spam, it means there is an external issue. The are many factors that mail delivery depends on e.g. your server reputation, spam filters, DKIM and SPF modules correctly configured etc.
We suggest to start by checking and if needed to improve your server IP and your email address reputation.
Email coming to your inbox are going to Spam or Junk Folder?
– It happens when your email address is new. Nothing to worry about, just set it to “not Spam”.
– It happens when your email address or server IP reputation been set as Spam due to wrong use of your email in the past. If that is the case, it can be improved but it also require a number of testing and bit of work. To start, first contact your hosting / server provider and asked them what to do.
Having problem with email delivery to Hotmail mail servers?
– Please check if you are able to receive the emails to other email addresses/mailboxes if so then it means that the system is functioning correctly, messages are being sent out.
– Hotmail servers were hacked many times in the past and now they are very strict about all incoming emails. Your server has to comply with their rules otherwise emails can land in spam or not be delivered at all.
– If that is the case, it can be improved but it also require a number of testing and bit of work. To start, first contact your hosting / server provider and asked them what to do.
How to check if my mailbox server IP address has been blacked listed in spam services?
– Sometimes your mail service reputation can cause problems with mail delivery e.g. email going to spam or being rejected by recipient mailbox.
– To check if your mailbox server IP has been blacked listed you can run a quick test using this online service available here. In the field “Server IP or Domain” enter your email address (company email) you are using to send email from the booking system and press “Blacklist Check” button. If you see that your server IP is listed in red then you should contact your hosting / mailbox provider and ask them to help you to improve your mail server IP reputation. You should also contact each of the spam teams listed there and request removal from their list.
– The problem with being listed in the black list is very common in shared hosting solutions as there are many users using the same shared server IP address and when one of them abuse that server reputation e.g. sending spam or gets hacked it will also influence others. In this case we recommend to use dedicated server with own IP address.
How to setup SMTP connection with G Suite?
Go to Settings -> Integration -> Mail settings and set options as shown in an example below. You will need to replace example data with your own username and password.
Connection type: SMTP
SMTP Host: smtp-relay.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 587
SMTP Username: email@example.com
SMTP Password: •••••
SMTP Security: TSL
– For more details about G Suite configuration, please read the instructions available here.
– You might also need to setup App password for this integration here are instructions how to do it.
– To Enable ‘Less secure apps’ within GMAIL, please read the instructions available here.
Didn’t help? Here is what to do next:
If whatever you have done doesn’t help, you need a professional to take care of it. You can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the issue. Please remember that this is not part of free support as it is external issue and you will be charge for it. Please read below Terms and Conditions
In order to let us fix this issue please:
- Provide access to ETO application dashboard.
- Inform us of any modification anyone from your team has made to system source code.
- Inform us if you had any problems with same email address outside of ETO application.
- Inform us which notification(s) is not working.
By requesting our help you agree to EasyTaxiOffice Support Terms & Conditions