Learn how to create Fixed Prices and set it up to automatically overwrite distance and time calculation.
Fixed Price requirements
For Fixed Prices to work it is important these modules has been setup correctly.
- Google Services
- Airport Detection
Google Services integration let the system to calculate distance between locations, geocode locations, get address suggestions, display map. Read how to integrate Google Services.
Locations are the journey’s From and Dropoff points. Locations let the system to communicate with Google Services, so routes can be detected and calculated correctly. Read how to setup location.
Airport Detection let system to understand when Meet & Greet option to be available and Flight number, Flight landing time, Departure city, Waiting time after landing options to replace default Full Address.
Create Fixed Prices
To add and save new Fixed Price, you need to fill in a number of fields (required) with valid data and in the right way. The required fields are:
Note: To add a new Fixed Price go to Pricing -> Fixed Prices -> Add New
Step 1: Direction – It define if new price will be apply one way from A to B only or both direction.
Step 2: From and To
- Add postcode(s) by typing first part of postcode e.g. E1 and click enter. If there is more than one postcode then input next postcode and click enter e.g. E2 and click enter, E3 and click enter, so on.
You can use combination of Outward and Inward codes e.g. “E16 2PX” or “E16 2P” or “E16 2” or just “E16”. Where possible, please use full postcodes.
- When typing a new postcode or location, system will make suggestion display in dropdown menu list, you can choose those by simply clicking on of the suggestions e.g. Heathrow Terminal 1 (TW6 1AP) or E2
- To add new suggestion go to Settings -> Location -> Add new location
Important: Fixed prices only work with postcodes and location. Location like: name of town, restaurant, hotel, etc. won’t be detected unless these have been added first to Location tab
Step 3: Price
“Action” option allows to choose how price will be calculated
- Flat – this is a final value which will be display as a price
- Increase base price by % – add Base price value and for each vehicle type add % value by which Base price will be multiply, e.g.
Base price is £50
set Saloon value to “1”, calculated price for Saloon is £50
set Estate value to “1.1”, calculated price for Estate is £55 (10% increase)
set Executive value to “1.3”, calculated price for Executive is £65 (30% increase)
- Increase base price by X – add Base price value and for each vehicle type add X value by which Base price will be increase, e.g.
Base price = £50
set Saloon value to “0”, calculated price for Saloon is £50
set Estate value to “6”, calculated cost price Estate is £56
set Executive value to “13”, calculated price for Executive is £63
Limit to specific Time and Date
Setting specific time and date will set Fixed Price to be available only to specific period of time, e.g christmas or school break time.
Step 4: Active tickbox and save
When the tickbox is marked, Fixed Price is set to active.